Today we use plastic for almost anything. It has become one of the largest supply industries that can even rival the metal industry. But why? It’s because of plastic’s properties that we’re using so much of it, I mean London really can’t get enough. Plastic is a man-made material that is durable, flexible and can be moulded into any shape we want. Not to mention that it is also extremely cost effective as it is so easy and cheap to replace unlike any other materials. Though the plastic revolution can be seen as a good thing it is however causing some damage to our environment.
As plastic is a man-made material it means that it is not entirely sustainable and also virtually impossible to be biologically disposed. This means that the waste plastic has ended up polluting our environment, particularly in London. One of the largest areas of plastic pollution is the Thames. The Thames may look considerably clean to any on-lookers in fact underneath the boat trippers leave masses of discarded plastic, which then floods out, into the Thames Estuary and then further into the North Sea.
It is therefore important that we treat plastic as a precious material rather than just a waste product. The recycling industry is ever growing with plastic being the main material that they recycle so consider recycling any plastic goods for the sake of the London environment. In addition why not use plastic for more durable products like Simply Plastics – acrylic tube in plumbing or even Simply Plastics – polycarbonate sheet in engineering.
So what are you waiting for? Contact a reputable plastic supplier and start to integrate plastic into your everyday lives because once you start you’ll wonder why you never used it in the first place. Just be cautious with any waste product.
If you live and work in London then you will have faced the nightmare that is commuting. London is so tightly packed that even driving in the city isn’t a good idea. In fact if you do decide to drive then there wouldn’t be much of a point as there wouldn’t be anywhere for you to even park. It is because of the traffic in an around London that people are having to become more inventive with their modes of transport. If you want some ideas then here are a few ways to get around that won’t involve you shelling out hundreds of pounds on petrol.
If you live within London and near your workplace then you have the luxury of walking. Branding walking as a luxury may seem like a joke but truthfully due to the abundance of vehicles walking might just be a lot quicker. Besides it is a great way to stay fit and healthy and really observe the city you live in.
Cycling is a lot speedier than walking, which is why it is a great method of transport around London. The lightweight frame of a bicycle means that you can dodge about the busy London scene with ease. The only difficulty that you may face with a bike is that you will have to cycle in the road, this is potentially dangerous as not all driver pay attention to cyclists.
People often mistake scooters for a child’s toy but a new trend that has come about is the adult kick scooter. Again you can travel at a much faster pace but with a scooter you have access to the pavement making it a lot safer for you.
For a more retro way to get around why not take a skateboard. You can simply hop on and off at your pleasure and weaving around the walking traffic is so much easier.
They say that if you think you have it great, London has it best. It could be due to the culture of London having nobility at its center than the place would never settle to second best but only the best. And this mentality expands to all kinds of industries. And you could also say that for event management companies London offers the best, like DFA Productions. Since there are plenty of events hosted everyday all over London, the event management industry is flourishing. There are plenty of event management companies London citizens can recommend. Here are several factors of event management companies London expert said that London has it best.
- Experience – London has been a center of grand events since royalty was established in the land. Until now, event management companies London based are gaining more experience from simple events and up to grander events worthy of the presence of royalties. Only a few places in the world where event planners have the opportunity to manage royal events.
- State-of-the-art equipment – People in London, especially the royalties, only want the best and this includes state-of-the-art equipment. This forces event management companies London based to strive for the latest and most advanced equipment in order to meet the standards of their clients.
- Competition – With so much profit on the line, there are thousands of event management companies London citizens can choose from and all of them are trying to outdo one another. From the quality of services these companies provide, the size of events they manage and the price rates they charge their clients, the competition is stiff.
- Innovative planning – Even a grand event if done several times would become boring and bland. Event management companies in London continue to strive for innovative planning in order to provide exciting events which could satisfy their loyal clients who hire them several times a year for event management.
- Goal oriented – Regardless of the event, accomplishing the goals of the clients is the priority in managing events and event management companies here in London always tailor-fit each event with this in mind.
- Business & fun – Business & fun or formal & exciting, event management companies always aim to balance these and make every event a success.
- Quality local contacts – All industries in London are highly competitive and value quality on the products or services they provide to meet the demands of their clients. This includes the local contacts which event management companies hire to provide the best event.
- Start to finish quality management – Event management does not start and finish during the event period. Event management companies recognize that it starts at the planning stage and up to the evaluation period after the event.
- Fool-proof contingency plans – Events are not records like movies which can be edited and retake as many times possible. Events are real-time thus contingency plans is critical to ensure the success of the event regardless of the unexpected scenarios which could happen during the event.
- Detailed analysis report – Analysis report is not only vital for the company to know the areas it needs to improve on event management, but also a base to determine if the goals of the clients in hosting the event were achieved.
These are the factors that makes event management companies in London the best.
Smart meters collect data about your electricity consumption on an hourly basis before uploading this data to your electricity provider. Approximately 20% of people’s bills are estimated, however smart meters monitor actual consumption each hour. Smart meters are great for monitoring your consumption in a heavily populated area like London, another reason to buy smart meters.
What’s in it For Me?
A smart meter takes over 8,760 meter readings each year, instead of the average 6-12 readings. Companies and employees also work with the data they receive to try and conserve energy. They break down data to create custom reports for their customers, breaking down usage by appliance and giving conservation tips based on usage patterns. A pilot study in America achieved a 4% reduction in electricity use compared to a control group over only 4 months with a small sample size. Imagine the results that could be achieved if everyone was given advice on conservation!
There are concerns that smart meters emit low frequency radio waves, which could be harmful to individuals with sensitivity to electromagnetic fields. However, government conducted research has found no evidence to support this claim.
There is no direct, up-front charge for having a smart meter installed. Instead, the costs are spread over the lifetime of the meter, which could be up to 25 years. With predicted savings from £20 to £50, smart meters could actually pay for themselves.
In the early days of smart meters, there were some complaints of high-pitched whining noises or ticking sounds. However, with more up-to-date technology, smart meters do not make any noise at all nowadays.
You can still switch gas or electricity suppliers if you have a smart meter. Your new supplier can only swap your meter if they replace it with a more modern and advanced one. But it is possible that your new supplier does not support smart meters yet.
What’s the first thing that pops into your head when you hear about corporate events, especially in London? Suit and ties? Agonizing hours of formal small talks? A bunch of business people dragging the day for the glory of success? It doesn’t have to be this way, your event doesn’t have to be this way, but most importantly, you don’t have to be remembered by your business associates for this kind of events.
Of course, the primary priority in these events is to make sure that, at the end of the day, you’re another step closer to a brighter tomorrow. Channeling all your energy on this aim alone can result to a stiff joint which anyone hardly enjoys. Nevertheless, creating a lasting impression in the corporate environment is vital too. Besides, they say that success feels closer when you’re having a good time while working towards achieving it.
So why don’t you improvise a little on your next event? Inject a photo booth hire from a London based company and see how your clients, guest or employees have a blast taking countless snapshots together! You know how people these days are glued to their mobile phones taking pictures of practically anything, anyone and themselves. Take advantage of this hype and entertain them with photo booths!
This is a great addition to any corporate event if you’re thinking about great experience. People will go home with a wide smile on their faces and laughing about those wacky shots they never expected they could ever have pulled off. Not about how many times they dozed off. Remember, people hardly recall everything you tell them but how you made them feel is bound to stick around.
Now the question is—how do you make this happen? Simple! Work with people who understand the essence of creating a corporate event that delivers the result that you specifically asked for. Which is effectively convey the required message and delight audiences and guest with truly memorable experience at the same time. Look for those organizers who want to make you and your company looks great, because they know that when that happens, they do as well.
Who said business and pleasure shouldn’t mix? Start thinking outside the box and break free from the typical. Plan your next year’s event with this in mind, execute, and you’ll definitely stand out like a beacon triumph.
If you’re British then you’re probably used to everyone expecting you to drink tea. It’s a century old stereotype but let’s face it we love it. There are so many quintessentially British cultural traditions that we wouldn’t do without. The only difference being that these traditions is evolving.
Brits everywhere are swapping their teas for coffees and there is no surprising why when there are coffee shops popping up on every street corner. They have a certain allure to them with their free wifi and kitchy décor and abundance of hipsters sitting in there getting their daily fix.
It’s almost like it’s become an addiction, some people can’t walk two feet without a coffee cup in their hand. They’re even reinventing coffee itself with iced lattes, frappucinos and skinny mocha whatever-they-ares. I almost feel lost walking into a coffee shop now because I just don’t know what to pick.
I myself still remain an avid tea drinker but to be slightly honest I am converting.There’s nothing better than a nice hot drink to wale you up in the morning and your hands warming up against the paper/plastic coffee cups.
One thing is for sure coffee may be becoming the new stone that Britain is built on. A nation under one drink, coffee. Noble Espresso, Mobile Barista London and get your daily fix and it’ll guaranteed give your day the boost it needs.
Beer is more than just an alcoholic beverage. It has become part of culture throughout the world. Some use beers for gatherings and celebrations while others have beer on daily basis including during meals. There are four types of beer packaging. These are bottles, cans, casks and kegs. And just like the other three types of beer packaging, beer bottle packaging has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of beer bottle packaging.
- Can be used for other purposes – Unknown to the public, there are countries which use beer bottles as part of their house security system. Beer bottles are broken down into sharp pieces and then placed at the top of the fences and walls to prevent theft and break ins.
- Easier to drink with – In comparison to cans, many beer lovers still prefer beer bottle packaging since they are much easier to drink with. As long as the mouth of the bottle is not broken then people can enjoy beer the good old way.
- Cheaper to recycle – Recycling beer bottles or glasses in general is much cheaper than aluminum cans. This is the reason why beer companies prefer to use beer bottle packaging for distribution than cans and other packaging.
- Can be re-used by beer companies – Most companies would prefer to re-use better condition bottles for distribution. The beer bottles will go through a series of cleaning processes and then they are good for recycling. Aluminum cans will have to be completely recycled and are rarely reused by companies.
- Breakable – The main disadvantage of beer bottle packaging is that the bottles are easily broken. This makes it a challenge to move the beer bottles during distribution. However, some would simply use coolers to minimize this problem during transport.
- Light can pass through – Though beer bottle packaging is designed to minimize the amount of light passing through, it does not completely prevent the light from getting inside the bottle. Light can potentially spoil the beer inside the bottle.
- Takes up more space – Unlike cans, which can be stacked efficiently, the necks of the beer bottles take up more space than necessary. This requires companies to use large trucks to transport beer bottles as opposed to beer cans.
- Heavier – If you compare the can and the bottle, beer bottle packaging weighs more. This is a factor that prevents individuals from carrying large numbers of beer bottles whereas they will have no trouble carrying beer cans.
Regardless of the disadvantages of beer bottle packaging, it is undeniable that drinking from a beer bottle emits a classic feeling that you just don’t get when drinking from a can. This makes drinking beer more enjoyable and satisfying for beer lovers.
Aside from homes, cars are often the target of burglaries including in Romford. Parked cars usually are unattended making it susceptible for burglary. Due to this fact, it is equally important to take care of your car just like your house to discourage burglars from attempting any action. Here are several tips in minimizing the chance of having someone broke into your car courtesy of Romford Locks.
- Consider the parking location – The place where you park your car should be well lit and bright. Bright places make it difficult for burglars to do suspicious activities with your car. Dark places are perfect for burglary since they provide perfect cover for their actions.
- Lock all doors – Sometimes we forgot to lock the door. It is important to check if all the doors are locked before leaving the car. If you leave a door unlocked, it is like saying you can check and get what is inside my car.
- Lock all windows – Check if all the windows are close. Open windows will make it easier for burglars to open the door or simply grab the valuables from the car.
- Do not keep any valuables in the car – Gadgets like cellphones, tablets or laptops are easy to carry and sell which make them ideal to steal for burglars. Do not leave any of them to minimize the value of stolen items in case criminals can gain access to your car. Leaving behind money and jewelries is also unwise. They are easy to carry and will definitely attract unwanted attentions if left inside the car especially in plain sight. Important documents might also attract burglars since it can be used to blackmail you for more money.
- Always take the keys with you – Your keys are very important. Burglars can use your keys to steal the whole car and if done unnoticed, your car will be long gone before you can even alarm the police. Another common scenario is that people who stole cars simply drove the cars throughout the highway causing havoc to other drivers which might eventually ruin the car. This could increase your car insurance premiums.
- Close the garage after parking the car – If you have a garage always park your car inside it and then make sure it is locked. This will make it harder for burglars to gain access to your car unlike cars parked in plain view.
- Make sure your car alarm works – Always check your car alarm for it is an important piece of your car security system. If the alarm sounds, burglars will fled the scene right away.
- Hire locksmiths in Romford – Have a locksmith check if the lock in your car can be easily accessed or hard to unlock. Replace the lock if necessary including the one in the trunk.
Your car is important to your life. It provides you transportation as well as storage for important stuffs that you need to carry all the time. Make sure you take all necessary precautions in order to avoid car burglaries. Always remember that minor practices could make a difference of avoiding such situations or being involved in one.
By now you have probably heard how cost-efficient leaflet distribution is as a marketing campaign. You also have probably read about different things to do in order to get the most out of it. However, there is something that calls emphasis, which is exactly what you’re about to find out here.
In the marketing field, people believe that compared to the message that you are trying to get across, it’s actually the receiver of the message which is more important. Do you actually know who your target market is? It is vital that before you proceed with your leaflet distribution, that you plan it carefully around your target customers.
Question is, how do you do that? You will have to come up with concrete information about your potential clients in order to make your leaflet distribution work in favor to you. The demographic profile of your target market will greatly help so that you can target your leaflet deliveries better. The things that you have to know are their property type, property ownership, life stage, and wealth.
Knowing this information will allow you to devise the delivery plan that fits your target market better, in return for you, there’s a higher possibility that you get a favorable response from them. Why is that so? Because even if your leaflets are cleverly designed, you’re sending them out consistently, your content is clear, concise and relevant; you still wouldn’t get results if you are not sending them to the right people.
There you have it! I hope I have made the importance of targeted leaflet distribution loud and clear. You should treat it as equally essential as the content, design and consistency. Some may tell you that you have to prioritize one or the other but I would have to say that the perfect balance of them would bring you a brighter outcome.
Nowadays, photocopiers also serve as printers, scanners, and fax machines, making them an essential piece of office equipment. This is why many businesses don’t have to think twice about obtaining a copier. The only question is whether you should lease a machine or buy your own.
Leasing a Copier
Leasing a photocopier involves a contract that allows you to keep the machine for 3 to 5 years. The leasing company will cover repair and maintenance costs while you use the machine. When the lease expires, you can return the copier or exchange it for a newer model when you decide to renew the contract.
Many businesses prefer this arrangement as it requires very little cash up front. Leasing also gives you access to high-end models that would otherwise be out of your budget range. The equipment upgrades you can receive every few years are also very attractive.
The biggest downside to leasing is probably the paperwork: your company’s financials will be examined minutely before the contract is finalized. Leasing may also be more expensive in the long run due to the fees and interest rates you have to pay.
Buying Your Own Copier
Buying your own photocopier is a straightforward process: you find a machine that will meet your company’s needs, you pay for it, and you take it to your office. The equipment will belong to you, so you’ll have full control over its functions and maintenance, and you can keep the copier for as long as you need it.
The main problem with buying a copier is that you need to shell out a large sum of money all at once. A good copier can cost anywhere from $8,000 to $10,000, and some small businesses can’t afford that. You also have to acknowledge the risk that the quick turnover of technology may make your machine obsolete in just a few years.